French Creek State Park

French Creek State Park is a 6.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Elverson, PA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible from December until February. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Some views, quiet woods, lots of up & down, interesting rock formation This hike explores most of the trails in the eastern portion of Pennsylvania's French Creek State Park. Before hitting the trailhead, I recommend visiting the Park's main office (accessible from the South Entrance, off PA 345, a couple miles before the trailhead) for a trail map. Miller's point, an easily climbable rock formation affords limited views of the Schuylkill River valley only in the winter and early spring before the foliage reappears. Many of these trails are also shared with mountain bikers, so be alert. Although there were a fair number of other hikers and bikers one unseasonably warm March weekend, my companion and I did find a reasonable amount of seclusion, considering the proximity of several major metropolitan population centers. This hike was moderately difficult due to the constant up and down of the topography. I consider this to be a tasty appetizer to the coming hiking season.

kinda a boring trail. bugs attacked my fave the whole entire time. some of the trail is a little rocky and with the leaves covering them, you could definitely hurt your ankles.

It was awesome!... Except for the bugs that were bothering me the whole time, even I wore repellent

Amazing trail ! So much to see and discover with all the art on the rocks and huge rocks you can sit on in the creek.

Nice

I did a partial hike of this trail on an unseasonably warm mid-December Saturday afternoon and only encountered a handful of people. I started at Scotts Run Lake and did about four miles. Nice trail, mostly flat with a couple small hills - nothing notable but time spent in the woods is time well-spent in my opinion, so I was happy to be there!

Leaves were slippery but the beat in paths and small burms were still fast and surprising dry. Rock gradens are tough for 26"

Beautiful park. It is a local favorite.

I did this in mid-July, but the lake makes it a little cooler.

I have come here my whole life started out feeding the ducks and fishing. As I grew- hiking, camping and playing disk golf. It is and awesome place for the whole family!!

Awesome trails year round. Some gravel but mostly dirt paths with lovely sunset views around the lake.

Peaceful place to hike!

I was just out today. Trail is Very muddy but that is really to be expected. One of my favorite parks because it's big enough to enjoy some peace and quiet.

most enjoyable state park I know...very very clean and well kept...yes trail markers could use help..but GPS takes care of that..check my videos on YouTube under "polishpicl" on this park.

Walked this area with young teens. Was peaceful and rather easy- but TONS of poison ivy so I would suggest wearing long pants! . Added visit to furnace which extended the trip a bit.

Beautiful park! But if you are not used to the trails or do not have a handheld GPS the chances of you to get lost are very high! The trails are very poorly marked. Their map is outdated and only gives you an idea of where to go. The trails are also in bad shape with lots of trees laying across them. I got so lost and found three more hikers that had no idea where they were.
The only good thing about that hike is that it help me to make my mind about getting a GPS (of course my iPhone had no reception there).

This park is huge, the trail outlined and directions given are to the mill creek trail, there is a wide vehicle sized track for the first (and then last) mile, then a vary important choice. I went left at the fork and was very glad for it, there is a Verry long, steep hill and unless your are really ready for a challenge it is better to go down it. I plan to go up it in the fall, when the temp is cooler and I am in the best shape. This trail is very popular with bikers, so beware. The trail is beautiful and you wont find too many people at the bottom, but quite a few at the top. There is a lot of very wet, rocky terrain, so wear very good shoes. The park offers many other trails easy to (what the state considers) difficult, a pool, two lakes, great fishing and wildlife, camping. Well worth the trip.

Great hike and if you add the Hopewell Furnace, you will make it a longer hike. I did the Boone trail with no difficulty at all. Very nice hike that is quite peaceful. I do recommend sturdy boots, as you will encounter some rocky terrain. Overall, nice close hike that will be come my quick go to trail!