Double Run Trail

Double Run Trail is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Forksville, PA that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and walking.

1.2-mile loop, more difficult hiking with short, steep sections. White rectangle with green stripe blazes. This trail begins and ends on PA 154 across from the park chapel. It travels trough rich, fertile woodlands along the west branch of Double Run stream.

Nice for a short hike. Starts with a slight uphill climb shortly into the hike followed by a very scenic downhill loop along the stream which contains a small (about 7ft) waterfall and a few cascades. I recorded the track at 1.46mi.

This is a great, short trail with lots to see. The water is especially pretty (and cold which we discovered when I dropped my phone into it!). Highly recommended for a quick hike!

This is one of our favorite trails. We took our 3, 7 and 11 year olds and they did fine although I wouldn't recommend doing this one without a child carrier for the little ones ( I carried the 3 year old in the backpack) It's a beautiful trail with a lot of ankle to knee deep creek stomping for the kids. There are some pretty steep climbs and steep downhill areas on this trail but the beautiful waterfalls are worth it. Once you cross the creek you can turn right for an easier hike or left for the steep climb. I have also taken the right and hiked up and back the same way to avoid the steepest part of the loop to the left.