Chimney Rocks, Michaux State Forest

Chimney Rocks, Michaux State Forest is a 3.5 mile out and back trail located near Quincy Twp, PA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Nice short hike. Views from the rocks are worth it.

Took the AT up to Chimney Rocks. It is a pretty steep climb, but if you take your time, fairly easy. The view is beautiful. Took the blue trail down and saw beautiful streams and falls. Will definitely be back.

Awesome hike!!!

I did this loop a couple of weeks ago with our Trail Life troop, ages 5-15. Was a beautiful hike with plenty to keep the boys attention. We parked on Old Forge Rd hiked up the AT and came down the blue blaze trail instead of using the fire roads. Great day out!

it's my favorite spot to go to

Diverse terrain makes it loop really enjoyable. Recommend!

Very nice afternoon hike. Pretty views. Not so steep.

Took the trail on Friday Feb 5, after the big snow and a lot of rain. Water was everywhere, but it was a great hike. We took the dogs, and we all had a great day!

One of my favorite hikes so far!

I recently spent a weekend in Michaux State Forest, at the PATC's Hermitage Cabin with a bunch of friends, After negotiating the icy (and dicey!) gravel roads to the parking area, the cabin is only a short (.25 mile) hike in. On Saturday, we took a quick loop hike up to Chimney Rocks, then returned via the AT. Only a 3.5 mile loop, but over 1000 feet if EG in a little over a mile got the heart pumping. We had planned a longer (6.25 mi.) route, but dreary, somewhat wet and cold weather changed our plan. Great area, wonderful little primitive cabin, I'll be back for sure.

Beautiful view and scenery on the way up! Definitely a must see.

This is my primary stomping ground, and I have to say I also have no problem with fire access roads. Rattle Snake rd. can take you from the AT to the lake. if distance is what you are looking for and not a destination, I like to use all of the fire roads. There is not a lot of traffic and the roads are well maintained I see them as an extra wide trail.

beautiful view at the top. worth every step. did it with 2 dogs and a 2 yr old strapped to my husband's back. only about 4.2 miles up and back from the parking lot on old forge.

Great sunrise experience!!

Follow the AT to the top--it can get pretty steep at times. The views are great! Then follow the blue trail markers down to complete the loop--takes a more scenic route with streams and a more meandering decline. A great hike.....