Boulder Field Trail

Boulder Field Trail is a 6.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Lake Harmony, PA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from White Haven, PA: Take Interstate 80 to Exit 41. Drive east on PA 534 for 6 miles to reach the park. Parking is available off SR 534 across from Hawk Falls or at Boulder Field.

rock climbing

This place is fun. There are picnic tables to have lunch. I brought my friends kids there and they had a blast climbing around. I've also been here for Girl Scouts. There are trails on the back side of the field that go into the woods.

We hiked the boulder field, not the road leading to it. We drove in and parked. The field itself was awesome to hike. Wear shoes with good grip.

15 acres of boulders everywhere!!! Can't do much, gotta be careful, but very interesting to see.

Boulder field is a natural wonder and good to teach kids about geology. The hike itself is bland with little scenic interest.

We visit here often and then hit the lake nearby to take a dip. Watch out for snakes as there are several along the outlying areas of the field and some are venomous. The lake is a short drive back but very nice for a cool down and there's a concession stand and clean bathrooms and showers. It's best to do this on cooler days as the field is big and blazing hot

Hiked in a summer rain. Beautiful and varied forest

Very easy hike out and back. The boulders are pretty cool once you get out there, especially if you've never seen anything like that before. I did this trail on a semi-rainy day and had a great time.

Very flat. Astound your friends with knowledge on how the boulder field formed by boning up on the science before you go. Hawk falls (1/2 mile) is worth the hike for a picture. It can be a little mucky in parts, but in the winter its nice.

Great trip with kids!

I'm not a big fan of out and back trails but the boulder field was worth the journey. The trail was very rocky so I recommend boots.

I hiked this trail last year starting form 534, however this time we biked to the boulder field, carried our bikes over, and then walked/half road down the trail. We didn't feel like going back the 5 or so miles it took to come in. It was a bumpy bike ride.

I personally think the boulder field is pretty lame other than jumping around on rocks for a few minutes. The trail to it is nicely shaded majority of the way. This time it seemed to have more trees down across the path. I also didn't remember it being as rocky in the beginning as last time. All in all a decent median length trail.

Road to get to it needs work (i.e., holes, narrow, few more markings). Very interesting and educational place.