Blue Marsh Trail

Blue Marsh Trail is a 23.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Reading, PA that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

skiing

It's a long trail, moderate difficulty. The trails are well-marked. We only did 6.5 mi. of it today.

Im ganna have to go back because the main trail is long. My friends and i only had a couple hours since it was well over 90 degrees out. We chose a short loop trail that ended up being an atv tail. The lake seems awesome and very busy. Lots of water activity. My only issue was that the tails were not marked well. I just kind of guessed where i was and used the gps from the map to see where i may be. Other than that, im looking forward to going back :)

Long trail around the lake with some slightly challenging ascents. Mostly covered wooded trails, so there's good stretches of trail with shade. Difficult level is hard mostly due to length. As the trail is a big loop be sure to set a manageable place to turn back around or be prepared to trek all 23+ miles. Trail offers a good challenge for mountain biking.

Loved the hike, but I did get lost lol

I use the trails to hike with my dog. Well trained, obedient, dogs are welcomed off-leash. I always hold on to my pup and yield to cyclists and horses, though. I've done 15 of the 24 miles. Difficulty varies from easy stroll to very rugged climbs. Trails are extremely well maintained from mid-April until winter and marked (to include mile markers).

I live right around the block from blue mash and I love coming here and hiking a short distance or something long. Many trails

Why isn't this trail system rated for walking/hiking? Blue Marsh is such an excellent place to just pick a parking spot and go for a loop of your own distance.

Fantastic scenes and areas to ride CX rides!! Great for drills and taking in the History. Watch the dog poop though.

Blue Marsh was GREAT!!!! Brought my dog with me and we hiked and were able to find a place to both take a dip. Good mix of trails with other activities like water sports etc. I bet it would be awesome to do the whole loop......my dog loved it :-)

Blue Marsh is my favorite place on earth!

I just love Blue Marsh! I've been going there for years and each time I go up there I discover something new. I've often seen deer tracks but never actual deer up there until today (a doe and fawn). They redid the Sensory Garden not to long ago and it looks absolutely beautiful. It's also a great place to go bird watching but lately I've been seeing a lot more turkey buzzards around up there. It is also kept very clean which impresses me. A lot of people love to go picnicking and swimming there in the summer time. The visitors center also has a wonderful view of the lake all year round. I love going there in winter when the snow is coming down, but in the summer I like to watch the water skiers and jet skiers having fun from there. There are also many little coves if you have a boat and just want to relax away from all the excitement. The price to use the day area is $3 a day but I buy the season pass for $30 a year (It's worth it!)

The best local, single track trails around Reading, PA. I recommend starting at the stilling basin entrance and riding out past state hill ramps and through the far set of trails. Good mixture of climbs and hills and some technical aspects. Lots of root systems, railroad ties and sharp curves.

absolutely beautiful

I LOVE Blue Marsh! The trails are diverse, and easy to follow for the most part. My husband and I are Ultra trail runners, so we really enjoy the many different aspects of the Blue Marsh trails. You have single track, some stone paths, hills to climb (like the Ski Slope) and many views of the beautiful lake.
Lots of cool bridges and some water crossings make things quite interesting at times.
I recommend this park to anyone wanting a good workout, whether biking, hiking or running. They even have horse trails and we have seen many a horse out there on the same trails.
Enjoy, I know we will continue to do so.