Austin T. Blakeslee Natural Area (Highland Trail)

Austin T. Blakeslee Natural Area (Highland Trail) is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Blakeslee, PA that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, fishing, and fly fishing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

Austin T. Blakeslee Natural Area (Highland Trail) is a 1.18 mile trail located near Blakeslee, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Thirty dollars to download a map? Won't be coming back to this website.

great Trail, very scenic, recommended

Went with 5 year old and 6 year old ... Perfect length and not too many obstacles for the kids.

Great easy trail.

Was a very nice hike

Beautiful.

Took my year old in a carrier. Nice little family outing

nice relaxing trail. lots of benches along the way to stop and soak in the moment. red trail follows along water while the others take you more through the woods.

First visit.Great easy hike with kids (and dog). I can't wait to visit again in summer. Kids liked jumping from rock to rock by the stream.

Nice place. Will be back at spring time

Easy and nice enough

Did some hiking here after a few days of rain... As long as you don't mind getting muddy you should be good to go. Also pay attention I'm pretty sure there are 2 red trails... An older one and a newer one... The older one has lots of tall grass and isn't very well kept... Tall grass=snakes.... I didn't see any but was waiting for it. I did some off trail too just a little bit to make things exciting. I wouldn't go out of my way to go here however it was closer than hawk mountain so I'll take it. Not bad, but after being spooled by Glen onoko and Ricketts Glen and the DE water gap I guess my standards have changed.

Good for a quick walk with the dogs (first section of trail to the creek's little waterfall/rapids area).

Easy and well marked trails. Newer benches and picnic tables are a plus. Creek trail is scenic.

Great for family with younger kids! Hike to the waterfall

Great experience !

Brought my 11 yr old and 5 yr old boys here. It was fantastic. Easy enough to hike with small children, fantastic scenery, you can get right close to the water and there are so many photo opportunities. The first trail kind of stems off into others....I'd suggest sticking to following the water if you have children as the other trails do tend to be a little higher. AWESOME HIKING EXPERIENCE. The kids cant wait to go back!

I did some hiking there this weekend with the family and friends. Wear good hiking shoes. Very slippery rocks. It was a beautiful sight.