Appalachian Trail: Lehigh Gap Trail

Appalachian Trail: Lehigh Gap Trail is a 9.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Walnutport, PA that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

on the way up its pretty steep and rough. but the view from the top is pretty. wished i could of went further out but saw some hunters so i turned around

Great trail if you're looking for a challenging day hike. Straight up hill rock scramble for first mile in.

Beautiful and a nice climb!

If you do the AT, north loop and south loop, you experience 3 different terrains. The south loop has rock scrambles while the north offers open grassy fields and views of the Lehigh River. The AT is covered by forest. The utilization of the AT and loops can determine how much time or how strenuous you want your experience to be.

North trail made the trip, also heard South trail was great but was disappointed by the rock scramble you get to if you follow the white trail past the AT dirt road

I did the loop at the top. I went to boulder look out and then headed down north trail to the cut across at the road. that portion consisted of beautiful views and smooth path. On the south side back large areas of ferns and wooded. Had many different landscapes for a short day hike. The climb was strenuous, the outlook by devils loop was very rocky but worth the climb up the boulders. The rest of the hike was easy, My 11 year old daughter went with me and also loved it.

Great trip. Easy to follow sign markers. Be ready to climb some rocks.

awesome hike!! definitely need experience to tackle the mountain, but so much fun and really beautiful

I love this spot. Great views! I finish this trek as a loop. I hike up the AT to the top (not for the faint of heart), and take the Winter Trail to the left (after taking a stroll out and back the AT if you have the time). It's a fun descent, and in my opinion, it's better and safer than climbing down the rocks.

Great. Just hard enough and long enough to make for a good day hike.

This was my first ever solo hike and I had so much fun with it, it really challenged me in the beginning making it up all the rocks but once you get to the top it is fairly flat. If you walk to the power lines and back it is a 8 mile hike and the views are amazing. Met lots of thru hikers sharing a lot of cool stories highly recommended for experienced hikers.

Overall great trail highly recommended as future advice I recommend good footwear and lots of water

Went with 3 friends. Not the trail for for the faint hearted or over packers. But all in all its amazing and Knifes Edge is really SWEET!!!

Steep and rocky.

We're not hard core hikers, but still spent a good couple of hours trekking it with the hubs and my 8 & 10 yr. olds. We loved it! Fantastic trail! Go prepared with the essentials.

Wow what a hike. Did it with my dog who, fortunately, is part mountain goat. If you aren't comfortable lifting your dog with some sketchy footing on some really steep rock faces, stay away from the top of the first ridge. If getting up with Fido isn't hard enough, going down is way worse. Pretty incredible view from the ridge line. Looking forward to doing this again!