Appalachian Trail: Cove Mountain to Duncannon

Appalachian Trail: Cove Mountain to Duncannon is a 3.8 mile point-to-point trail located near Marysville, Pennsylvania. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and fishing.

3.8 miles 961 feet Point to Point

We loved running about 8.5 miles on this trail. Mostly flat, well maintained, great forest and open pastures. Definitely recommend this as a trail run!

As a trail runner, I decided to run this and not hike it. Definitely worth it and will be doing it again. Great views!

It's exactly 2.5 mi from the parking lot on 850 to the view. This part of the AT is nice in that it rises steadily and then levels out giving you time to recover. The steepest portion is hard but is relatively short and the view is rewarding.

I went another 1.5 mi along the ridge. It is level but rocky which caused me mind every step.

I'd say this is on the more difficult side of the moderate rating.

Alltrails is going to need to add PokemonGo to the list of activities. Moderate hike to the Cumberland View!

Did this as about a 9.4 mile overall out and back. From where you start on rte 850, it is almost exactly 3 miles to the Cumberland Overlook bench and so I kept going down the other side for another mile and a half or so. There are some definite ascents and descents on this one, but nothing too outrageous I suppose :) I only took along a liter of water, I would suggest taking two, especially if it is warm out. There are one or two places along the way with water, but I did not have a life straw along with me.

Well marked and maintained. A bit muddy after all the rain. Nice view about half way.

Good hike. steep in 1 spot till you get to the top. great view once there. clearly marked. trail nice and clear. Good hike.