Appalachian National Scenic Trail - Pennsylvania Section

Appalachian National Scenic Trail - Pennsylvania Section is a 6.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until November.

Great hike. Water was plentiful. Well marked. Great time!

this was a hard hike but so worth it when you get to the top
very rocky coming down

Great hike!

It was great

This was a satisfying hike. It was very vigorous, as we chose to go up and down the mountain twice. Despite how rocky it was, it was a good experience overall and I would recommend this trail.

Great! Would definitely come back

Will visit.

Did the Dunnfield to Sunfish Pond stretch of the AT going north on the New Jersey side of the Water Gap. Easy to moderate conditions-- with rocks being the reason for the moderate rating. Sunfish Pond is a registered National Natural Landmark. Beautiful spot. Good views to the north and west about a mile prior to the pond. Soft grassy campsites there with great views toward PA.

Great ascent from DWG southward on the AT to Mt Minsi. Steep climb over lots of rocks but an incredible work out with great views. Moderate to difficult terrain to climb. Camped overnight on top with some great Southern views and trekked back down to DWG the next day. Bring water as not much along the way. Good outdoor store in town of DWG .

The noise from the highway wasn't great but it definitely was a great trail and views.

I have done many portions of the Pa end of the AT. As I live between the Nj DWG and the Wind gap areas. I can say being a bigger fella. I did find portions of Wind Gap to Fox Gap. (191) to be a bit taxing on the ankles. Still love doing this when I want to just get away

Many people warned me about the "boot shredding" rocks in PA, but when I got there it really wasn't that bad. The northernmost 40 miles are a little intense, but there is virtually no elevation loss/gain which helps. All in all PA is a pleasant ridge walk with few spectacular vistas but lots of beautiful wilderness to enjoy. I hear water and rattlesnakes can be an issue in the summer months so take that into consideration. It was October when I hiked through and I had 18 inches of snow dumped on me, a slightly different experience to say the least.

Have done many miles of the App in PA back in the 90's in several trips. Can be rough going at times. A trail to be well geared for. Breathtaking vistas. Plenty of wildlife, just look out for mama bears with cubs. Some of the nicest hiking on the east coast. A bit of everything. Plenty of experience is suggested for this terrain.

I have hiked several different parts of the Appalachian Trail and each different part has something different to offer.