Wygant Trail

Wygant Trail is a 8.5 mile out and back trail located near Cascade Locks, OR that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

I agree with the reviews below, there are much better trails. We lost the trail after the power lines, messed around for awhile, headed back completely infested with ticks! At very least it's a good trail to take annoying relatives on ;-).

Tried to do this hike but the trail was in very poor condition. Like Denis M. mentioned the first mile was ok but after that we had a difficult time even locating the trail. Skip this and head up to Mitchell Point, amazing view! Note-tons of poison oak and the dog picked up ticks

first mile of the trail is in good condition. The rest of it is going over fallen trees and the bridge has not been repaired yet so you have to find a way to cross. After the power lines, the trail completely disappears and after making our own trail for about a half a mile, we decided to turn back before we became a newspaper article! It was a beautiful hike nonetheless.

The trail wasn't very nice even before a massive windstorm made it impassible. Large stretches were right above I-84 and poison oak was thick. After the windstorm the trail is said to be impassible but I haven't been up there myself to find out for sure.