Willamette River: Champoeg State Park to Canby

Willamette River: Champoeg State Park to Canby is a 10 mile point-to-point trail located near Newberg, OR and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, birding, road biking, and canoeing and is accessible year-round.

10.0 miles Point to Point

BE AWARE: The GPS location for this trail is completely wrong. It took me to the opposite side of the river as Champoeg State Park. Look for the other trails listed as Champoeg.

Not a bad trail. I biked a lot of it. Considering it's length, I would suggest doing that if you're looking for a short trip into nature. It's a short drive from Portland and a nice area. Not a lot to see if you spend your time hiking it in my opinion.

Regarding the Townsite Trail near the actual park, I've always enjoyed this quick and easy walk with my dog. I let him off leash often and let him scout a few feet ahead of me. However, the mosquitos are bad at certain times of year - wear sleeves, scarf, and bug spray.

Don't waste your time on this one. I wouldn't even call it a real good trail. ends in the torn bushes.