Wildwood Trail and Leif Erickson Drive Trail Loop

Wildwood Trail and Leif Erickson Drive Trail Loop is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Portland, OR that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Absolutely Beautiful!! One of my favorite hiking places.

Perfect directions to the location. Beautiful area. Thanks Oregon!! Highlight of the walk--at the very time my coffee was kicking in--BAM--a porta-potty in the middle of the trail...perfection!! Even tho it rained lightly while on this trail, I didn't get soaked because of the canopy of trees. It remained pretty damp and the sound of rain, surrounding me was calming with The Biggest leaves I'd seen in my life.

Easy pleasant hike.

Hit a perfect after work spring day for a hike. Wonderful views, beautiful and colorful rock formations, wildlife - what more could you ask for? As it was a weekday in the late afternoon there were few others on the trail, which made this hike almost zen-like. Simple and relaxing.

This was a stunning tail, ferns and moss covered trees everywhere. A lot of elevation, almost 700 in 1.5 miles! The trail is not paved (great on my achy joints).

After hurting my ankle a third time, I stopped trail running and now mostly run stretches of this "road". I have never seen a car on it and its obvious this trail was made just to fight fires and bring in building supplies to maintain other trails. The trail head near Thurman is the most busy and has the most parking. I would recommend starting at the Saltzman trail head near Portland, hiking up to Lief Erikson and hiking toward Old Germantown road. The 8 1/2 mile marker is my favorite part and has a beautiful valley.

Nice wide trail through forest with views of the river. Did only 2 miles of the trail but will go back.