Wild Rose Trail

Wild Rose Trail is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Roseburg, OR that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible from June until September.

Directions from Roseburg: Travel east on Highway 138 29 miles past the North Umpqua Ranger Station to Illahee Flat Road (Forest Service Road 4760). Take 4760 for six miles to Forest Service Road 4760-100. Proceed one mile on 4760-100 to the trailhead.

Ah, the Wild Rose trail...a pretty name for a pretty hike. I wish it was longer but that's okay. I would do this again. It's kind of hard to find, so do some research about its location before going. I'm actually glad it's an obscure hike. Makes it more enjoyable. :)

I'm sure the overlook has some magnificent views but we had to turn back at the halfway point today due to a quick weather front coming in. We had torrential rain, hail, thunder and lightning come down on us. I didn't feel like being a lightning rod today. I'll get this one another day.