Whitewater Trail

Whitewater Trail is a 9.9 mile out and back trail located near Idanha, OR and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from June until November.

wonderful hike! Not difficult but is uphill all the way there. Views are beautiful. The three small lakes in Jefferson Park are great to take a dip in!

The hike was beautiful. Not too difficult...all uphill there, all downhill back. We ran out of time so only hiked just west of Sentinel Hill. Great photo area where we turned back

I almost don't want to tell people how awesome the park is so I can have it all to myself.

We used the Whitewater Trail as an access to Jefferson Park and the PCT. The trail is well maintained and easy to follow. It is over 5 miles of climbing that will get the heart pumping. The trailhead is a well maintained parking lot with a good, well marked, road of the Santiam Highway. I highly recommend this trail as access to Jefferson Park.

I gave this trail 4 stars for the view of Mt Jefferson and the destination to Jefferson park. A little Rocky and dusty at times but not to bad. Mild up hill climb 5.5 miles about 2000 feet gain. or less depending on how for you go into the park once your there. I used about a 45 pound pack with random stops for pictures, water and viewing and took about 5 hours. Walking sticks would be good to have for a creek crossing but rocks are walkable with balance. heavy water season it might be a little difficult. the trail wasn't to busy in mid week. I don't remember seeing anyone till I got there. Weekend was busy.