Waterfalls Trail

Waterfalls Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cascadia, OR that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This loop trail passes by two waterfalls on the McKenzie River. Sahalie Falls and Koosah Falls are located on the old "Clear Lake Cutoff" section of Highway 126. These falls mark the terminus of two thick flows of basaltic andesite lava that dammed Clear Lake and moved into the McKenzie River 3,000 years ago. The results are two breathtaking waterfalls with foaming white water cascades in between. The loop trail connects the two waterfalls and the McKenzie River National Recreation Trail, and offers up close views of the wild McKenzie River. Sahalie Falls viewpoint is fully accessible.

Beautiful hike I do it five, six times a year. I start at carmen reservoir then loop around. I have a pass but it is free to park there and less traffic. The trail is well maintained a good work out if you pace right but also just a good relaxing getaway for a day hike.

An amazing must-go trail and must-see view. I was in the Sahalie Falls viewpoint some years ago but it was today that I have hiked the whole trail. The air near Sahalie is so fresh and humid that it is worth canning :-) In fact there is at least one significant (unnamed?) waterfall between Koosah and Sahalie plus a bunch of smaller up the river.

So beautiful!! And there are so many side trails that lead you down to the river and closer to the action. Be careful though they can get slippery!

such a beautiful trail. great for the whole family!

just beautiful

Sahalie and Koosah Falls are two of the great landmarks of the fantastic McKenzie River Trail. This trail, easily accessible from Highway 126 about halfway between McKenzie Pass and the Santiam Junction, tours the falls on the east side and then loops back to join the official McKenzie River Trail and loops back on the west side. The view of Koosah from the west side is one of the most picturesque waterfall photo ops you'll ever find. Wait until late June or so to make sure snow is clear and be aware this can be heavily trafficked--but it's all worth it, this is a must trail for waterfall lovers and will likely get you really excited about hiking other parts of the 26-mile McKenzie River Trail.

Awesome Hike, I went from the top down to Carmen and had a blast with my three dogs. A great hike for anyone!

I thought this loop was laid out very well and the wood and rock fencing lining the falls made me think that who ever funded and constructed this project really cared about this area. My two favorite falls were Koosah and Sahallie. This is a must see waterfall tour.

We hiked Waterfalls trail on April 15th. We were surprised (although we shouldn't have been) that there was so much snow. The trail snow covered and was slippery, but the falls were amazing, more water than we had ever seen coming over. The little side stream at Sahalie Falls was actually a waterfall in itself. We hiked to Koosah Falls and that falls was much wider than usual. A great day!