EveryTrail is now a part of AllTrails! Please click here to read more.

Umpqua Hot Springs Trail

Umpqua Hot Springs Trail is a 0.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Glide, OR that features hot springs and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

hot springs

A short hike to a terrace of hot springs on the Umpqua River in Oregon. This terrace of geothermal pools are a welcome stop along the North Umpqua trail for mountain bikers and hikers. They are also easily accessible from the road.

My GF lived in the area and we went up there. It was nice and relaxing. When we went up there a group was birthday suiting it. So if you go up there warning you might see it.

This is a great spot to walk in and relax. We spent about 2 hours relaxing in and around the hot springs. There are a total of ~10 small pools and one bigger hot-tub style pool. All of these pools are very warm! I must add (and warn) that there were several hippies who were butt naked in the pools...proceed with caution! ;)

This is a pretty neat portion of the North Umpqua Trail. I hiked West to East, starting at Toketee Reservoir. As I had no other car at the other end of the trail I had to hike back so the mileage got doubled. The trail primarily follows the North Umpqua River and you get lots of mossy tree filled views. Many are very beautiful!! After a couple miles, after some challenging creek crossing as a result of the snowmelt, you reach a road and cross the river on a car bridge. This portion of the trail was closed as a pretty significant bridge apparently washed away and you'd be risking a lot to try to cross that raging stream, I think it was called Deer Creek. So, you have to drive around, or hike up road, the closed portion and park at the Hot Springs Parking lot. There is nudity at the Toketee Hot Springs so avoid this area if that makes you uncomfortable.