EveryTrail is now a part of AllTrails! Please click here to read more.

Tire Mountain Trail

Tire Mountain Trail is a 7.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Westfir, OR that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

This easy hike most famous for it's amazing wildflower meadows is best done in the spring. In earlier days, a fire lookout, consisting of a platform on a topped tree and a three-sided shelter on the ground, was located on the large, flat top. Now the trail is best known for it's wildflower meadows. The trail crosses several steep sloped meadows located below rocky outcrops. These provide good views toward the southeast. Wildflowers grow profusely on the top and in the meadows. Best time to hike is early to mid June.

Loved it here! With the elevation, distance and being on cliff side often, small amounts uphill I'd rate this MODERATE not easy.
We went in June beautiful wild flowers rank to one mother son couple. Otherwise the fields of wildflowers were ours. I choose not to summit to tire mountain since it's completely over grown with views no more. I stayed at the last field of sunflowers and wild cucumber plants with my dog and had lunch. Your way out there. I had my handgun. I would recommend spray or gun. Their was cougar and bear prints and poo. Distinct differences. The broken down bones and the berries, roughage

Beautiful views and easy trail. It should be noted 4.8 miles round trip to the meadows and back. It's more like an 8 mile hike to the summit, which offers no views.

Beautiful wildflowers on the cliffs and nice view of Diamond Peak, Bachelor, Broken Top and South Sister from the trail. Only downside was we continued on to a former lookout climbing over downed trees to no view. My suggestion: turn back at last meadow. Also note this trail is part of a mountain bike AND motorcycle trail.