The Grotto

The Grotto is a 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Portland, OR that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

1.0 miles Loop

wheelchair friendly

Good simple hike to the top of the butte. Good view of the city on the eastern side.

It's very pretty. We went for the Christmas lights, and I've been there a few other times.

It's beautiful, I've been in the springtime when the flowers are blooming and the winter with all the Christmas decorations. It's a must see to go up the elevator. Recommend especially for kids!

Worth it during Christmas, that's about it

Did this one during a Christmas event. Not my cup of tea but the rocks were cool.

very pretty with lots to see!

It was very quiet. Nice paved walking paths. We paid for the elevator ride up to the gardens which was very pretty.

We went on off season a few years back super peaceful will go back soon. Also did it during christmas but most the lower trail and didn't have the elerevator on so only can do the little bit of lower but the light very pretty but to many people for me loved it when we went off season. It's so peaceful and I felt close to God :) Hoping to do it again this year during off season. Somewhere between Feb-June I would think would be there off season small fee to get to top walking paths during off seasons (503) 254-7371 to find out elervator prices before going must do the top part. Must do no matter what religion so peaceful.