Table Rock Trail

Table Rock Trail is a 8.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Molalla, OR that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

old growth

Table Rock is at 4881 feet and offers some incredible views of the Cascades. The first 1.5 miles of the hike are on an old logging road. You will come to a landslide that wiped out part of the road, just work your way around it up through the trees and then work your way back down to the road. Go about another mile and keep your eyes open for the old trail on your right, its usually marked with rock piles. Once you are on this trail your next turn will be at the saddle, you can turn left to go to Table Rock or right to go out to Rooster rock. The trails are marked occasionally with ribbon and even some old blazes on the trees to help find the way if the snow covers the trail.

Worth every step. Trail is well maintained and the views are spectacular.

Amazing views today! About 2 hours up and 1.5 down. Perfect weather and great access on road in as well. Will be back for sure.

This is a fantastic hike! I've done it several times, but actually camped on top for the first time on 08/23/2016 and that was pretty incredible. The sunset and sunrise were amazing and the stars were incredible. I would highly recommend this trail anytime. On a clear day you can see Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Rainer, Mt. Adams, Mt. Hood, Mt. Jefferson, and the Three Sisters.

Challenging hike but very rewarding. Beautiful views from the top.

beautiful

Breathtaking! I've done this hike a couple times and both times it was amazing. It's pretty neat the way you hike the front side of table rock at the bad then hike up the backside to the top. Definitely a less crowded hike which helps make the sights more worth it!

Wow, what a treat that was. It always amazes me how many hours that must have been put in to create such a beautiful trail.

Fantastic and very fun and beautiful.

I don't see the hike I did on here, so my review is a hike from old bridge trailhead to rooster rock. We thought about making our way to Table rock but the snow turned us around. The 3k foot elevation gain/loss is fairly difficult! There is a rock outcrop west of rooster rock that provides amazing 360 degree views.

We went up 5/1/2016 and there was still quite a bit of snow towards the top. We brought our dog and nearly lost him in the snow crevasses so decided to turn around and finish the hike next month once the snow has finished melting. Beautiful terrain however, and looking forward to attempting it again. I'm sure this is worthy of five stars once you reach the top, we just weren't able to get there yet!!

4-9-16 Our traditional hike up Table Rock was early this year, really didn't think the road would be open yet... BUT IT WAS! Some snow drifts on the section from parking area to the actual OLD trail head that heads into the woods but nothing too bad. We took the shortcut that bypasses the bolder field (not going to tell you where that is). At the switchbacks near the top there was a lot of snow drifts that had NO tracks in them , not fun but yet again it was. You really had to know the trail because in spots it just disappeared under the snow. We kept falling through the snowdrifts... At the top about 2 to 3 feet of snow I'm guessing. Clear day so you could see St. Helens, Rainer, Adams Hood, and Jefferson. On way down finally saw the 2 groups that started at same time we did, they went normal route and had a very hard time going through the bolder field.

Get Out and Explore Something

The trail was awesome, however we didn't expect the snow. I do it again on multiple occasions

11-8-15 My annual trip up table rock... It was getting a little late in the season and not sure if I would make it up since the road is snowed in most of the winter. This was my first time up by myself. I knew the weather was going to be poor, as in pouring rain however it did stop near the top so it could snow sideways (a total blast) no joking I loved the whole thing. The trail was still in good shape, I did take the shortcut and didn't see anyone until the very top, they said the regular trail was washed out in one area and it was hard to get by. The fog and snow was so thick at the top you could only see 100 yards but that was ok, still one of the best hikes up.

"Get off your butt and enjoy the outdoors no matter the weather"

It was ACA-AMAZING!! Best hike ever!! Well so far the best. Just loved every minute of it. The views are spectacular!! It's a must do again!!

Beautiful hike! One of my favorite places in central Oregon. Went on a weekday with beautiful weather. Only passed a couple other hikers. Great place to hike with your dog off leash providing your dog has trail experience. Can't wait to go back!

Nice easy hike to the top. Good views from up there. Trail has shade for most of it.