Strawberry Lake and Little Strawberry Lake Trail

Strawberry Lake and Little Strawberry Lake Trail is a 6.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Prairie City, OR that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from July until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Directions from County road 60: Take County road 60 about 12 miles south of Prairie City to Strawberry Campground. Take Strawberry Basin Trail #375 to intersection with Slide Basin #372. Follow turnoff to lake.

This trail run is a bit tricky because you get to the lake and feel that you may have done it but there is still a significant amount of elevation to go. In addition, you can go on either side of the Strawberry Lake (straight left is shorter). It can be hard to find the ascending trail that goes to Little Strawberry Lake but remember up and left always. Lots of people and dogs even in November. Trees were dead and downed, many across the trail; not the most attractive run. Saw a few deer. The run took about 2 hours including getting slightly off track and stopping for photos.

I really loved backpacking the Strawberry Wilderness. We spent the weekend making our way to the summit, stopping for a night at Strawberry lake and a couple nights at Little Strawberry. There was an insane amount of wildlife while we were there! Our favorite were the mountain goats you could see from Little Strawberry. I strongly suggest waiting until late summer as the mosquitoes are bad bad until mid August. Take on the summit if you feel up for it!

my memory was wrong. it's another mile and a half to the falls. I went back to hike to the lake alone. it was so serene and tranquil.

I love the strawberry wilderness! the hike is nice. moderate. my husband and I hiked to the lake. then it's a little further (half mile or so, if my memory is correct) to get to the falls, which are a beautiful sight.

Amazing Lake! Jaw dropping beauty. I've hiked to Strawberry Lake and Little Strawberry five different times and it's always perfect. I've hiked it as early as May and as late as on Halloween. Strawberry Lake is simply one of those places you'll never forget.

Do it

Hiked May 15. Still a good amount of snow on trail, up to 2 feet in places. Saw no one else. Lake still half frozen. Beautiful time to visit!