Storey Burn Loop Trail

Storey Burn Loop Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Timber, OR that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

this was my favorite local go to biking trail! I would take the gravel road to the story burn day use area. you're essentially at the top. I've done it as a loop but usually as an out and back. from the top day use area you can access the trail to the right (looking at the wooden Map sign). this takes you down a great and smooth downhill ride with beautiful scenery!! only issue is I've done it as quick as 15 minutes once I got comfortable with the trail (totally worth it though!) at the bottom trail continues straight but I would go right over the bridge and this soon ends in gales Greek campground. if you enjoy pain you can go up the summit trail from the campground or shuttle/hitch or what I did most, hike/bike back the way I came....the other option from the top is to go left (looking at the wooden sign) this side is fun as well but eventually drops in to some grown in wet area before opening up in to a forested area that then leads to university falls. the exploration aspect of this side of the trail was fun but the biking was not quite as smooth and fast....

This 8.1 mile 'loop' ended up being 12+ miles. We never found the 'loop' (: ended up by University Falls. Then tried to go through Rogers Camp to follow Gales Creek Trail. Never found the trailhead so had to go back the way we came. Bring a map, and lots of water.

Oh boy. A little more then I bargained for today. It had some beautiful scenery but the elevation up and downs are a killer. It also had a lot of bicyclist. Bring lots of water!