Sparks Lake Trail

Sparks Lake Trail is a 19.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sunriver, OR that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until September.

19.5 miles 2089 feet Out & Back

Directions from Bend: Travel 26.2 miles west on Cascade Lakes Highway (46), then 0.2 miles south on F.S. Rd. 4600 400, to reach the Spark Lake Trailhead and the beginning of the trail.

The sun was shining, birds chirping, chipmunks scurrying across the trail. God's amazing glory was all around. Life doesn't get much better than this. Get out and make memories of your own. I posted a picture of my kids holding hands admiring the mountains. Too cute.

Paved trails plenty of parking.

What a beautiful place!

Perfect for elders and kids. Fun places to stop and enjoy the view or put your feet in the water

canoeing

This is an easy trail and very family friendly. I personally don't love it here because I'm an avid hiker and this spot tends to be more amateur friendly and busy. In fact, part of the trail is actually paved, which attracts a lot of people who are not very comfortable in the outdoors and are looking for that exact kind of hike. People also seem to be very afraid of dogs out there, both my boyfriend and I have noticed on the paved trail that people seem to be afraid of dogs, even when they are on leashes, harnessed and completely minding their own business. Not my cup of tea. However, Sparks Lake is beautiful (kind of chilly), and a wonderful place for canoeing and kayaking. I would just rather be on the water than hike around the edge here.