South Slough National Estuarine Research Reserve

South Slough National Estuarine Research Reserve is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Coos Bay, OR that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Nice and easy trail. It has a lot of other trails that stem off of it. I would definitely recommend it though.

Amazing trail.

I love this trail. There is so much beauty around every corner. The signage is really informative. I've hiked this trail a dozen or so times and it never gets old.

I would have given this 5 stars except for one thing, there was great signage but no mileage on most. It would have been nice to get an estimate on signage how far you had to travel. lucky for me I grabbed a brochure with map at the center and it mostly had mileage. I tried mapping with the app but 1st time out did not get it right. Best part is the boardwalks they built over the swamp area and all the skunk cabbage was undamaged and could be photographed. Have to go again, different times of year, I did not see it all, or walk it all. loved it.

I've hiked this trail at least 20 times with my kids . Its always an adventure .

Well maintained. Gorgeous scenery.

Beautiful scenery

This is a well-maintained fairly heavily trafficked trail that allows visitors to view a variety of habitat types. There are tons of mushrooms and other tiny hidden gems, some picturesque scenes of the slough, and a neat walk through a more marshy area with a raised wood trail. Its worth a visit, especially if you like to take photos, but not very strenuous.

Beautiful. Lots of cool mushrooms to discover if your very observant. If you go you must walk through the tunnel trail. Perfect trail for a small day hike.