South Hills Ridgeline Trail

South Hills Ridgeline Trail is a 9.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Eugene, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The hike is okay, easy trail. It's usually a busy area though. Also my car window was broken out in the parking area so beware of thieves!!!!

Easy, peaceful hike through the woods.

KKEP YOUR DOGS ON A LEASH! I run this trail nearly 3 times a week and 99% of the dogs are off leash even though the trails are CLEARLY marked saying dogs must be kept on a leash. Well, of course some asshat owner brings an aggressive dog to a 3' wide trail and I got bit! She had leashed the dog to let another runner pass, and she didn't see that runner was running towards me, so I stopped to let that runner pass and as he did, the owner bent down, unleashed her dog and it turned and nailed my calf - BAM. Thank god I was standing still or it would have be serious tearing of flesh! Super aggressive dog. Was growling at me the whole time she was trying to give me the rabies tag info as blood was coming down my leg. I was so pissed at this woman! Lane County and Eugene City have a law that ALL dog bites that draw blood must be reported to the police and animal control. So I did. And I'll be sending her my Urgent Care bill as well. KEEP YOUR DOGS LEASHED!

Great but heavily used. A note about this map: The sections that are marked with the words"Ridgeline Trail" are not the trail but rather heavy rock roads for power company access to major electrical distribution lines. The trail on the map going to the top of Spencer Butte is an old user trail that is posted to stay off. Poor trail prone to erosion. The city has plans for developing a trail on this side but please don't use this one now.

Nice trail. Took our black lab. Good mix of uphill/downhill but not too difficult. Went at 8 am on Saturday in August. Came across about 6 other parties. Several dogs. Please keep your dogs on leashes even if well trained.

Nice hike.