Silver Falls Loop

Silver Falls Loop is a 7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Silverton, Oregon that features a cave and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

bridge out

Directions to the park: From Exit 253 off I-5 drive east on Highway 22 which runs from Bend to the Coast. Go east from Salem a few miles and take the Exit 7 offramp. At the stop sign turn left and go under Highway 22, then follow the signs to the park.

Beautiful hike anytime of year. Lot's of people, but so many waterfalls to see. Fun walking behind the falls. Winter, when the falls are frozen, the icicles hanging glisten, summer with all the moss. Great family hike. Take a picnic, make it a day. You'll enjoy it.

We went in the spring the first time, and it was great. Waterfalls were full and the temp was perfect. We went again in August and the falls were dry, the water was low, and it was too hot climbing back out of the basin.

Lower falls was great and upper was a jaw dropper!

this hike was great

Visited with Family back in 2010. Beautiful park! Want to return and explore more!

I hiked here on Subday February 15th, 2015. I got there around 10 or 11am. Maybe earlier. I can't remember. There was hardly anyone there. The trail is such an easy hike. There are so many waterfalls along the way. I didn't have time to finish the trail completely but I saw numerous waterfalls and really enjoyed my time out there. There were 2 waterfalls that you can walk behind. Such a cool spot.

Hiked this path this morning right as the park opened. It was very nice and peaceful.