Shadow Falls Trail

Shadow Falls Trail is a 1.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tiller, OR that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Roseburg: Travel east on Highway 138 to Little River Road #17. Follow 17 for 7.5 miles to Cavitt Creek Road (County Road 82 and Forest Service Road 25). Follow Cavitt Creek Road approximately nine miles to the trailhead on the right.

A great hike down to the Falls. In early spring, the water was so high, it created another waterfall.

Did this one in late January the falls were rushing and beautiful. Trail was muddy in some places but easily passable.

We hiked this trail late one August afternoon. There was absolutely no other human being during the long drive to the trailhead nor on the trail itself. I'm sure there is a lot more water running in the spring but the falls were beautiful nonetheless. An easy hike for all ages but realize that it's downhill all the way to the overlook meaning uphill on your way out.

I accessed this trail off HWY 138 near Glide, Oregon using these directions: turn south on Little River Road (County Road 17) and follow for 6.6 miles. Turn right at the covered bridge on Cavitt Creek (Road #82B) and continue 11.6 miles on Roads 82 and Forest Road #25 to the trailhead. Follow Trail #1504 to the falls.
This is a moderate hike into a nice view of Shadow Falls. Lots of green forest to enjoy. The only bad thing was someone let their large dogs run off leash on the trail and out of their view. I was glad I did not have my dogs with me. I always keep them on leash when I hike in areas I know other people might be.