Scappoose Bay Marine Park Nature Trail and Kayak Launch

Scappoose Bay Marine Park Nature Trail and Kayak Launch is a 0.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Warren, OR that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

whitewater kayaking

Take a stroll around the interpretive nature trail before launching your kayak to explore the Multnomah Channel This is a great place to bring a daughter or son. First, take a walk around the interpretive nature trail with them along the shore and through the wooded area to learn about the flora and fauna of the area. Then, rent a canoe/kayak and set off to explore the Scappoose Bay and the Multnomah Channel. This entire area is spectacular for bird watching as well.

The parking now costs $3.

It's a fairly modest walk but is completely wheelchair accessible with new-looking pavement (as of Jan '14) and benches along the way. It seems perfect if you want a nature walk for the elderly or someone with special needs.

It's called an interpretive walk but is pretty light on interpretation. We found a single ammo box with a laminated card inside.

Dogs are allowed on leash. Clean, plumbed bathrooms.

There is a nice six-table group picnic shelter with huge a fire pit inside. (reservations needed) I could imagine having a family reunion with some people doing water sports and the less adventurous taking the walk.

I visited this nature trail with my son during an Earth Day cleanup event sponsored by SOLVe Oregon. We had a great time clearing out the saw grass that had overgrown many of the planting beds along the trail. As a hike, I found it to be too short to properly wear out my energetic Cub Scout, but we will back for more conservation work if any is scheduled.