Sandy River Trail

Sandy River Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Corbett, OR that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Good quick hike. I went in September and the trail wasn't overgrown in the least - very clear and well maintained. Also carried my son on my back, and only had to duck under a tree once. Seems like the trail would be fine for kids, too, as long as they know to stay on the trail and not run ahead. There was nothing particularly hazardous. The trail is short but drops down to the river pretty quickly, so the elevation change is really where the workout comes in. The turnaround point is a beautiful, secluded piece of beach on the Sandy River. I did the hike on a Friday morning and we didn't see another person the whole time.

Totally overgrown. If you go any time after a rain prepare to be soaked. You will be wading through ferns and bushes and ducking low trees. Do not bring a kid in a pack unless you are under 5'. If anyone else comes out today, you're welcome, we cleared all the spider webs for the first 20mins. Had to turn around not a great trail and way too far to drive for this. I could see a hot day with no packs being a decent hike but not today.

My wife and I just finished the Sandy River Trail. It was a quick, but very pleasant and refreshing hike. Because this was a slightly rainy day in the late spring there were a lot of low-hanging damp branches with new leaves. There was a lot of new foliage and underbrush. Beautiful thick forest. The trail feels pretty closed in with forest, but nice. The trail was mostly a decent on our way to the Sandy river and an ascent on the return hike, but never too extreme, so we got a little exercise but nothing too taxing. There is a moderately-sized sandy beach area where the trail comes out, and a nice panorama of the surrounding river bend.

This is a great "easy" hike down, not hard to find from directions, but be prepared to work that booty on the way up! NOT kid friendly, but has a beautiful reward on the bottom I can see friends & I spending a sunny day at.

Nice afternoon hike. There is quite a bit of blowdown but easy to get around or through. The trailhead is not marked very well but once you find the starting point it's a well maintained trail. It is only about 100ft past the 5mi road marker. See pictures to see the blue markers on the side of the road that marks the start of the trail. This is actually pretty good for trail running too. You park on the side of the road and at the trailhead you can only park two cars.