Sandy River

DIFFICULTY 5 reviews

Sandy River is located near Gresham, OR. The trail is primarily used for fishing and is accessible year-round.

So fun! Many places to explore

A friend and I went to Oxbow to float in the water and it was absolutely beautiful. But her car got broken into and her back window was completely smashed, they stole all her stuff out of the trunk which was completely hidden and not visible. The park lady said it was the third time it happened that day... That's pretty scary! I want to come back but very scared of the metro park not securing the place and fearful of my vehicle getting a window bashed even if I don't leave any valuables in the car.. Oh well it's gonna be a risk I guess! If I new that this park had gotton safer than I would definitely come again and again!

Awesome little hike, amazing coming from Kansas. 15 minutes from the apartment I'm getting. Cant wait to call this place home!!!!

This is a great family rafting river if used with respect and life jackets. If you put in at oakbow park there are a couple of exhilarating rapids. Carefull if you put out at Lewis and Clark the water there has some very dangerous undercurrents that have taken a few lives. Always wear life jackets here. Even the swimmers of lost against the undercurrents here. City of troutdale in the summertime provides a rescue lifeguard and rescue raft just 300 yards upstream from here at glen Otto park.

Just canoed the Sandy putting in at Oxbow Regional Park and taking out at Lewis and Clark state park. We needed to shuttle with two cars but had a fun day. There are only a few tiny "rapids" right now, (May) which may be bigger if you go earlier in the spring. I hear there are class 2 rapids further up, taking out at Oxbow where I started, but I haven't done that part of the river. Both parks required pay parking but at Lewis and Clark we could park further up on the road and avoid the charge.