Rooster Rock State Park Loop Trail

Rooster Rock State Park Loop Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Corbett, OR that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Take a stroll along the mighty Columbia River. There are several walking trails, disc golf areas, and lots of picnic tables to enjoy the great views of the Columbia Gorge around you.

The trail path itself was nice - not difficult but with enough ups and downs to stretch your legs. I went early enough on a semi-chilly summer morning to avoid any surprises from nudists, but it was a miserable hike. Absolutely no view - couldn't even enjoy the trees because I was so busy waving the swarms of mosquitoes away (I even had to zip up and tighten my hoodie to keep them out). When I finally arrived at a small clearing, it was a very brief glimpse of highway with some of the river. The rest of the hike was accompanied by deafening highway noise. Not one I will be repeating - especially when there are much more beautiful and less bloodletting trails just minutes up the road.

Easy hike through the woods. Used this as my 6month old puppy's first hike. We couldn't complete as a loop because part of the trail was totally flooded over and we had to turn back. Would like to do it again when the water has receded some so we're able to see the Rock and some views of the gorge

It's not too bad of a hike. Quick and relatively easy. This trail is definitely more enjoyable in the Spring/Summer seasons. Go into it knowing that the trail is primarily wetlands/marsh. Your shoes will probably get more than a bit wet. The trail is pretty close to I-84, so you'll more than likely hear the sounds of passing vehicles.

Also, be prepared for nudists.

The Rooster Rock trail leads down to a small sandbar called 'Sand Island', which is designated as a 'clothing-optional beach.' You are warned of this before you set foot on the trail, though--the powers that be are kind enough to have posted a warning/information flyers about the ensuing nakedness.

Mind, the nudists who frequent Rooster Rock don't necessarily stick to Sand Island, especially when the water level rises in the channel between the shore and the sandbar. During my last trip I found at least four to five very naked, but very polite middle-aged men just kinda loungin' in the shrubs and bushes that line the trail. Bear in mind that there weren't any 'crazy' people out here--just people who are quick to take advantage of clothing optional areas--but with this recent heat, who wouldn't, really?

But they were kind. One guy was cooking hot dogs and offered me one. I had to decline.