Rimrock Springs Natural Area

Rimrock Springs Natural Area is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Madras, OR that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Easy hike. Not very scenic.

Nice trail and I'm sure it will be even better after some rain. The dogs loved running and chasing crickets :)

Mountain dog, two kids, Big Daddy & Fat Amy managed this in the August heat! Our "early start" got us on the trail before 11 am. Not much blooming in the summer heat but the trail has good interpretive signs, several overlooks and benches along the way. The marshlands looked beautifully refreshing from our vantage point. Only the 10 yr old complained! ☺️

Very nice little hike. The walk to the marshland observation deck was paved, with interpretive signs and even benches! The paved path is easy for anyone and the Loop Trail is quite easy too. This was my first visit and the area lacked the lush green space that I am sure will be there during the summer. I am anxiously looking forward to my next visit! NOTE: I almost missed the turn-out area due to construction in that area but hopefully that will be done soon and signs will be back up.