Rebel Rock Trail

Rebel Rock Trail is a 10.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Oakridge, OR that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Blue River: Travel 4 miles east on Hwy. #126 and turn right onto Rd. 19 (Aufderheide Forest Drive.) Continue on for 14.5 miles and the trailhead will be on the left.

I did this one as a loop starting on trail 3323 by Rebel creek and around to 3324 by Trail creek, clockwise.

As the first reviewer notes the trail can become sparse in sections, however it was still easy enough to follow when I was there in 2012. It was a cloudy weekend when I was there but there still was much to see and explore. The trail climbs steeply in sections and can have a secluded feeling. The lookout is in bad shape and worsening.

Here is a link to a video I shot highlighting the lookout and its condition.

The hike was quite a challenge for me. At the bottom the trail is level, well maintained, there is a creek running through with log bridges stretch across them. After a mile or two, as you elevation, there are many switchbacks. But the trail is still nice and every once in a while, you come back to a creek again. Toward the top, you run in to a lot of loose soil, big holes and roots and the trail was overrun by tall plants, making it hard to see. we never made it to the lookout tower because it was getting dark and we didn't want to risk walking back down through the plants and holes and dirt in the dark . But all around the view was lovely.