Rainie Falls Trail

Rainie Falls Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Grants Pass, OR that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

Great trail along the Rogue. Dog friendly too.

It's just a must see if you live in Southern OR. watch the fall salmon jumping the falls. nicer pit style toilet on trail uphill from falls. Fishing for salmon allowed I believe 300' below falls. 2 oz weight, 5 ft leader with 02 hook and corky is typical.

Beautiful views, was pleased to see so many people taking their dogs!

Great hike right next to the beautiful rouge

beautiful views. a few spots on the trail might be moderately difficult for beginners.

Does anyone know if the trail is back open now? I heard it was damaged a while ago but hope it's useable again now...? It's a fantastic hike, would love to take the kids tomorrow? (5/30/16)

Beautiful! I have been doing this trail all my life and live the way the river and waterfall changes through out the year!

Great! A wee bit rocky but great for kiddos!

Perfecto

Rainie Falls is my "go-to" trail regardless of season. It is gorgeous and the trail is well maintained. I sometimes bring my friend's pup along and she enjoys it as well :)

my favorite so far. great views of the River.

Hiked this today. Was a great, fairly easy hike. Even though Alltrails states it is a 3.6 mile hike, when you get to the trail head it states 2 in and 2 out. Total 4. The falls are really just a larger, faster, rough part of the rogue river. A very peaceful, sounds of nature hike.

Pretty easy hike. The drive to the trailhead is longer than i'd like but, the scenery and lack of cell phones, cars, and aircraft while on the trail make it worth it. I did read somewhere that trail-running was one of the activities you could do here. I wouldnt advise it. Lots of rocks to cross and no room to pass if you meet other hikers. Otherwise, enjoy.

Great hike!

This was a great hike. Directions from this APP were right on. There is a restroom over the bridge from the trail head which I wished I had used before heading out. On our way back we were stopped by a rattlesnake on the trail. Thankfully, there were quite a few people on the trail to help get it out of the path so everyone and their dogs could walk by. Definitely will do this again.

Very fun hike (but not for the kids or elderly). You need to watch your footing for most of this hike or you will trip on rocks or go over the edge. With all that aside I really enjoyed the scenery of the Rogue river, falls and all of the rest that this trail has to offer.