Pearsoney Falls Trail

Pearsoney Falls Trail is a 1.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Prospect, OR that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and scenic driving.

scenic driving

Pearsoney Falls is a rather small 12' waterfall no more than 1/4 upriver from the more notable Mill Creek and Barr Creek Waterfall. Although that should not discourage you from taking the short hike if you are in the area. While the Oregon State Parks and Recreation Department claims the trail runs down to Mill Creek I cannot verify this as I only made the hike to the falls and back. The park gate closes at dusk and may not be easily accessible during the snowy part of the year.

Great easy hike, if you keep going past the first set of falls there is what I call a rock falls. Very beautiful!

It's a short easy hike. A wide trail. I've hiked the area for a while but didn't realize that the waterfall was there. February 2013 I hiked further down the trail along the Rogue river. There were some amazing trees in that area that didn't appear to have any bark. The area is along the avenue of Boulders. If you have small children with you I'd advise not to go past the falls. The area along the Rogue is steep and has a sheer drop off to a class V rapids on the Rogue

Easy and shaded. Good break from driving