Paradise Park Trail

Paradise Park Trail is a 13.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Government Camp, OR that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Sandy: Travel east on Highway 26 4.1 miles past Rhododendron to Road 2639. Turn left on 2639 and follow it for 1.2 miles to a sign indication Paradise Park Trail #778. Turn left, cross a bridge and travel about 200 feet to the trailhead. Alternatively, do the loop from Timberline lodge on the PCT.

Too many people up until Zigzag river. i thought the PCT part was sort of boring. Paradise park was gorgeous. I will definitely go back next year. Some people complained about the bugs but I brought bug spray and it wasnt that bad.

awesome hike.

The best view of my Hood up close. The soil is very sandy at some points and has many ups and downs. Well worth it. So... it's was nice to have my dirtygirlgators.com on my shoes to keep the sand and trail out and my hiking poles made the inclines easy!

This is one of my favorite trails on Mt. Hood. The first 45 minutes are a grueling uphill climb until it levels out a little. Evergreen, rhododendron, and bear grass line the trail. Its an amazing view once you reach the cliffs looking toward lost lake and highway 26. I have seen people and horses on this trail in the heat of summer, but in very small numbers. Many people come up to this area to forage for mushrooms in the fall.

It was a nice hike. If it was busy it would have been hard to park, but no one else was there.