Pacific Crest Trail to Summit Lake

Pacific Crest Trail to Summit Lake is a 9.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sisters, OR that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October.

I've done the south sister twice so far and loved it both times . Eventhough I've been out of shape both times and always am glad to head home when im done , it's still worth the work . I've alway's hiked up it in the eavining , due to lots of people in the day plus it's cooler. Coming down it at night on a clear, full moon is awsome and you dont need a light coming down when your out of the tree line . The best part was coming down , it took 4hrs to go up and 45min to get to camp by the lake . good hike

So far I've hiked from cascadelocks south to Big lake next to highway 22 in three seperate hikes. I did olallie to Biglake in july of 2009 and oh boy was it a pain, being a novice and not planning on being in the mountains..... Lots of snow but , was good memories and fun ! This august-september I plan on hiking from Big lake south to atleast Elk lake, can't wait!!!