Oneonta Gorge Trail

Oneonta Gorge Trail is a 1.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Bridal Veil, OR that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Ever want to get through an outdoors obstacle course? Then this is the hike for you! Be prepared to navigate through logs, climb through rocks, and wade some freezing cold water. The views at the end are breathtaking, and the challenge makes the hike that much more fun. It is full of people, but it can be fun to share this little adventure with others. You can head up to the falls lodge to warm up and have some coffee

Such fun! My teenage son voted this his favorite hike of the year. It was raining when we went but we had to wade through chest deep water to reach the falls anyway so we were going to be wet anyway. I loved climbing over the log deck. It felt very adventuresome. Loved it.

Very Crowded. It would be beautiful if there weren't so many people that had no clue about the outdoors. If you do it do it in the morning of a weekday

Easy hike until the 30ft log dam. Very crowded on weekends. But the chest deep wading pool is a nice cool down. Do not go during winter.

Fantastic!!!! We went in the rain and in the morning and only ran into a few people. The water is extremely cold but it's worth it!

It's a beautiful short walk, make sure you bring shoes and clothes you're okay with getting wet. Also I wouldn't recommend bringing your dog. I brought my German shepherd/husky. She's only 5 months old but still. Not only will everyone want to pet your dog but it's already very crowded and hard to get over the log jam with a dog you'll have to carry. I brought my dog back because it was too scary, if you or your dog falls it would be pretty bad. I saw people bring their dog on the first part of the trail and then saw only two on the second part and they were super strong guys who brought them. It's just not safe for a dog I would say. I bring my dog everywhere but decided it would be too difficult. I'm 23 and in good shape but not worth the risk of your loved pet or you!

Super short riverbed walk to the falls. Freezing cold and there's portions where the water is stomach/chest high, depending on your height. Definitely had to wait your turn at the trailhead to navigate over and through the log jam. All in all, I'm glad I went, but not sure if I'll return.

The trail to Oneoneta is more of a river bed. VERY CROWDED, it's hard to take pictures and you have to wait your turn to go over the log jam. I highly recommend this waterfall to everyone, gotta try it at least once ! There's a trail that goes up and around Oneonta to horsetail falls, awesome trail, short and sweet at 2 miles.

the trail needs a lil bit of maintenance. difficult at places when wet from rain

Go early. Not a very long hike but well worth it.

Awesome little hike, a must do when in town and you wanna get wet!

This is a great location if you want to go out of the city and into nature with hundreds of your closest friends. The canyon is very crowded during the summer months. I would say that dogs should not be brought unless you are willing to climb some logs while carrying them. The water can get quite deep at times so make sure to bring only what is necessary and waterproof. There are negatives but the place really is quite cool. A great hike for those looking to cool off without actually having to hike

This was amazing and beautiful if you don't mind a little water. The trail head isn't marked just go down the steps and follow the creek up stream.