Northern Three Sisters Loop Trail

Northern Three Sisters Loop Trail is a 44.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sisters, OR that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from July until October.

2012 Mid-August backpacking trip to Oregon’s Three Sisters Wilderness area, where we completed a 40 mile loop around Middle and North Sister. This trip had a little of everything; official and unofficial trails, high alpine meadows, rugged barren volcanic

Completed this loop this weekend (8/31-9/2). Started at Lava Lake Trailhead, hiked south via the Green Lakes Trail through a gorgeous burn area, over Camp Lake Trail, back to the PCT on the west side of Three Sisters. My partner and I exited via the Obsidian area (which is a restricted area) due to time restraints (saved us 7 miles) and hitchhiked back to Lava Lake Trailhead. Highlights: Green Lakes trail through the burn area was my favorite (we were told it was the less scenic route and to get it out of the way....); it was filled with interesting trail and great views of the sisters. Camp Lake is a must. And the obsidian area was amazing - Definitely worth getting the permit to start here, if possible. The area just north and northwest of Obsidian falls was one of the most beautiful areas I've ever hiked. All in all, we hiked 31 miles in 2.5 days. Would have been fun to give ourselves an extra day or two to allow for added destination hikes on our way.