North Ridge Trail to Marys Peak

North Ridge Trail to Marys Peak is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Philomath, OR that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

7.3 miles 2085 feet Out & Back

skiing

Hike to the highest point in the Coast Range with 2300 feet of elevation gain. From the parking spot follow the 2005 fire road a very short distance and take the marked trail on your right. This is the North Ridge trail. Follow it up to the Mary's Peak parking lot (you can continue on the short Peak Trail to the summit). After admiring the view, continue back down the way you just came along the North Ridge Trail till it comes out just above the 2005 gate and back to the small parking lot. Along the way you'll see old and newer growth forest, great views, and flowers (in the spring & summer).

I loved this place ❤

Hiked this trail Thursday afternoon, March 3, 2016. This is the north approach up Mary's Peak from Woods Creek Road. It's 9 miles long from the trailhead exactly, 2200 foot climb to the top, with a beautiful view. The trail is in pretty good shape with a few fallen trees across the path. This is a good, challenging half day hike.

Steep, beautiful - still fairly busy on the weekend I went.

This was a bit tougher then I had imagined. I have never hiked before. We made it to the top lot but do to time restrictions were unable to summit. I felt elated when finished! I loved this beyond words and cant wait to do the trail AND summit next time!

Completed this on Monday April 13th, 2015. This was a great hike!!!

nice trail. not muddy despite being winter season. Beautiful view from top. hiked from lot at end of river road to peak and back in about 3 1/2. Sunset was impressive. Highly recommend

Nice hike but I was not blown away. Very steep, trail is well-maintained. Lots of mountain bikers on the day I went.

I did this in less-than-ideal conditions and I still enjoyed it a lot. It's pretty steep with a lot of switchbacks, but the forest is lush and green. Very pretty country. I took the dog and we did it in a little over 4 hours. Even though we experienced just about every weather condition possible(pouring rain all day, howling wind and snow at the top, some hail coming down) it was actually kinda cool. It was like walking around in a cloud forest most of the day. We'll have to do it again one of these days when the weather is good and the visibility is better than 20 feet at the top.

A great hike up to the top of Mary's Peak. We got up to the top in a little over 2 hours with a few small stops. Beautiful trail and we got a great panorama at the top of the Willamette Valley. It was a bit cloudy today so we could barely see Jefferson and the three sisters to the east. But on a clear day they are in view. The hike down took under 2 hours.

6.4 miles from trail head to Mary's Peak outlook (main parking at top). We did the up and down in 4.5 hrs with a stop for a light lunch at the top. Bring lots of water (August) and prepare for all uphill on the way up. Beautiful trail though! Here are some pictures from our first attempt when it was cooler: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tjrubley/sets/72157630379734668/

dc