Oregon Coast Trail to Neahkahnie Mountain

Oregon Coast Trail to Neahkahnie Mountain is a 10 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Neahkahnie Beach, OR that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Hike to the top of this coastal peak for terrific views over the Paciific. This tall peak on the northern Oregon coast has a great views out over the pacific from a viewpoint at the top.

Beautiful!

We hiked this from Necarney Creek and crossed 101 from Cape Falcon making this a 9 mile out and back. There were challenging sections on the west side of 101 but nothing too difficult. Once we headed up the trail east of 101, the trail was in the open where Oregon Coast underbrush took over. The first few switchbacks had the brush cut back, but the next few didn't. I don't even remotely enjoy hiking through brush over my head, having to swim through, so I considered turning back. I'm glad I didn't, because the trail opened up as soon as we got into the timber. The trial through the timber was typical coast trail - lots of tall trees, ferns and berry bushes. The trail was well trodden with a few trees fallen across. A good mix of steady grades with a few steep sections. The view from the top was pretty spectacular, overlooking Manzanita.

Love it

Awesome view, somewhat tough uphill climb

Beautiful view!

Beautiful view! We had 11 and 8 year olds boys with us and were grateful for hydration packs and snacks.

Awesome hike to have lunch at!

Beautiful view at the top is so rewarding

Beautiful viewing spot. Magical!

Nice hike moderate hike. Not too crowded in the winter but prepare to be wet. Spectacular views from the top but one mile return on hwy 101 diminished the experience

Lush green forest and huge fir trees. Take a camera. We started at the south trailhead.

Really nice hike! great hike! I would rate it more as moderate than difficult. The last bit of trail to the top is really cool. Outstanding views,

Started at Short Sand Beach, stopped at Devils Cauldron, and proceeded to this trail. Nice hike overall. Parts near a busy highway so the sound of cars is sort of annoying when you start. Several spectacular views.

Nice quiet hike with beautiful views from the top.