Natural Rock Arch Trail

Natural Rock Arch Trail is a 0.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Lyons, OR that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A short but steep .5 mile downhill hike to a 50' rock arch and a shallow cave behind the arch. When people think of arches they think of the Southwest, however Oregon has a few too. This hike is only 1 mile round trip with beauitful vistas but it is a STEEP downhill hike so you have to be fit to do the hike back up to the trailhead, the key, take your time back. This is a hike that you do not want to underestimate it based on the distance, bring water, snacks, a hiking stick and do not forget you camera! Also if you walk under the arch and around the edge of the cliff you will find a short cave in the rocks.

The road to get there was gravel for about 5 miles and pretty steep in spots, but my toyota echo made it fine. The hike was quick and steep. I went with my kids age 2 and 10. I carried my 2 year old most of the way. The trail is downhill from the parking spot and goes thru about a dozen switchbacks till you arrive at the arch. We did the hike on a rainy day and could only see about 50 feet past the rocks. Beautiful even in the rain.

Couldn't find the trail, which was disappointing. I felt uncomfortable taking my van on the small roads that were overgrown with grass - don't know if I was even on the right track because maps stopped working with no service.

We hiked on June 7th 2015 weather was great and nobody was on the trail. Finding the trail head can be a little tricky. About 6.5 miles off hwy 22 just past mile marker 37. Many Y's on the dirt road so watch for the signs to trail head. Trail is pretty steep but in good condition, tons of wild flowers and the arch is pretty cool.

The trailhead can be easy to miss, so if you get to the Rocky Top TH, you've gone too far.

It's a moderate descent down the trail to the arch, with (usually) excellent views. We were completely socked in by clouds and light rain, but the arch is pretty amazing, and surprising unspoiled given it's easy of access..

Great hike! very steep on the way back up though.

Great hike. First time for me, Mom, and my kids and nephew. Difficulty was only in ensuring the 4-year-old and two 6-year-olds didn't tumble down the mountain. Mom (60 years young) did well, too. Recommended for the views and the beauty in the rock arch. Explore the area more if you can.

We enjoyed the hike. It was a little scary with the kids but they did well. Beautiful views!

Well I never knew of this place until I searched the Map part of this app. Today I and 2 other got blocked by snow about 1 mile from the trailhead. But it was worth the extra hike. What an amazing formation of erosion. I was so scarred standing in the arch way. You can clearly see rocks that want to drop on your head. Be sure to see the caves on the North side and if you have time hike up to the top of the Arch rock. You can get right above it. But only if you are experienced. Very difficult hiking. Bring a gun. Cat tracks everywhere plus found WOLF scat. If this was Wolf it's waaaaaay to close to people.