Multnomah Falls Trail

Multnomah Falls Trail is a 2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Bridal Veil, OR that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

bridge out

Creme de la creme of tourist destinations. And the place you want to avoid if you're looking for quiet natural solace.

although it's 2 miles the switchbacks, a total of 11, were at times intense. really good workout, but not for the height sensitive folks. there's no guardrail so it can be a little dicey. regardless the views were spectacular and plan to visit again. was it busy? yes of course but it didn't bother us one bit.

Very pretty but high traffic in people and parking. We took some visiting family here and had a nice time.

We have made this long-planned trail today. Absolutely no doubt, it is worth your time and a must-undertake adventure generously flavored with magnificent views. However, keep two things in mind:
1) go there somehow in a weekday. We went on Saturday, and it looked like all the bourgeoisie from Oregon and Washington crowded every single spot. Crowds of people, peeple, pipl... It took us 40 min to get from Bridal Veil to Multnomah Falls because of jam and insufficient parking space. No wonder, it heavily rained all the week, showers were forecast for Sunday, and Saturday was the only sunny window;
2) do not take food with you - no civilized place to eat. Well, on a woody trail like Kentucky falls you do not expect picnic tables but here I assumed they should be because the area is massively visited. Alas! We carried some pounds of food+dishes+cutlery uphill and downhill and we had to eat our lunch in the car.

Breathtaking view. Crowded at the beginning of the trail. Definitely recommend hiking all the way to top of the waterfalls.

This waterfall is definitely a must see and make sure you explore all the way to the top. My friends and I purposely arrived at 8am so we can take pictures without obstruction from tourists and hike up the trail freely with no heavy traffic. It was definitely worth it! It's my second time to come here in 3 months and I will be back (Visited 9-23-16)

This is a great hike to do, if you are passing by. The views of the waterfall are well worth any energy that you might expend. There is a parking area at the trail head. Be advised that it can fill up on the weekends.

There is a shop, restaurant, and restrooms at the base of the trail. The trail is well marked and maintained. I have hiked this at all times of year, even in a suit and tie. It is a great hike anytime.

Be aware of ice on the trail in winter! It is VERY slippery.

holymoly continuously steep and switchbacks GALORE. But super cool to view this majestic fall from the bottom and then to hike up to the tippy top to see where it all begins. LOVED.

Not an easy trail even for someone in moderate shape. Very steep and crowded to the first bridge.

beautiful hike!

I definitely would not say this was easy for "all skill levels." Yes, if you are in great physical shape, it would be easy. The grades are steep. there are 11 switchbacks, steep dropoffs on much of the trail. If you're not on the best shape...If you're significantly overweight...this could be very challenging. I went with my 27 year old daughter, and i.e. was, indeed, very easy for her, but It was one of the hardest things I've done in my life, but I made it, thanks largely to her encouragement, but mostly to the strengthening Power and Presence of God. I would do it again when I'm in shape.

I would not rate this as an easy hike. It's a steep incline the entire way up. Fun, dog friendly, cool views.

Go early. After 9am on weekends it's way too crowded

A classic NW jaunt. I love the Multnomah Falls area. A lot of the trails connect/intersect, so you can hike for a long time up there. The trail to the top of the falls is paved switchbacks, and at the top it turns into traditional hiking with more trail options. I find the signage in the area to be well done. Multnomah Falls is also a tourist attraction, so it has some shopping, dining, and nice bathrooms. ☺️ Dog friendly and kid friendly.

This is THE place to go when showing someone around Oregon. Multnomah Falls is one of Oregon's top landmarks. But no matter which day of the week you decide to go during the summer, there always seems to be traffic and crowds of people. I always have to plan some cushion time before and after because you just don't know how long it'll take just to get a parking spot.

The hike itself can be quite challenging as its all incline the entire way up. That weeds out a lot of the tourists since you can already see the waterfall at the bridge. I love how there are switchback markers so you know your progress as you make your way to the top.

Honestly, I don't think the top of the hike is scenic enough to pursue the trek. Every time I've taken a visiting friend or family member here, I just take them to the bridge and call it good.

Beautiful view, lots and lots and lots of people. But, you can't blame them. If you just go to the bridge it's hardly a hike at all. Past the bridge to the top of the falls it gets a little steep and slick, but I made it up and back in less than an hour.

Area is excellent. Had lunch at the lodge in the sun room and could see the falls during lunch. As usual, place was very crowded. Trail to top is a little steep once you pass the bridge over the lower and upper falls.

Due to the rain we only got up to the second waterfall. It's all incline, but a beautiful trail.