Mount June Trail

Mount June Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Dexter, OR that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until September.

This short and steep hike to the top of Mt June will reward you with views of the Three Sisters and the Cascade range. A former lookout site, the summit at Mount June is the area's tallest peak at 4,618ft. The hike is short at 1.2 miles from trailhead to peak, but there are some fairly steep sections. The hike will take you through a Douglas fir forest with rhododendrons scattered throughout. From the top you will get nice views of the Three Sisters as well as Diamond Peak.

This hike is worth every step. It has the most beautiful view.

We took the 1 mile trail to the summit and it really was quick. The first .5 was easy and the second .5 a little more challenging but still not difficult. Take your bug spray or mosquito repellent. They were giant and I made the mistake of forgetting to protect myself. With 81 mosquito bites later, we completed the hike. Beautiful all the way around and well worth the drive!

Great trail. Well taken care of. Steep at parts but doable! Don't forget mosquito spray!

I love this hike! It is a steep climb, but it's not for too long and the top is worth it. You really feel like you're in the wilderness on this hike. The drive to get there can be a bit confusing and the trailhead sign is knocked over. I recommend the Oregon hiking books by William Sullivan. The directions are always spot on and he knows all the best hikes the state has to offer. Including this hike on Mount June!

This trail is beautiful! It's a steep climb but the view is worth it. All that's missing is a river or lake!

Beautiful hike. When the rhododendrons open up it will be gorgeous--they had buds today, but no flowers yet. Trillium is in bloom and several other little wildflowers along the path: yellow, pink and purple. I bet the view of Diamond Peak and the Sisters is absolutely amazing on a super clear day. Very steep, but well-maintained trail. My little ones (5 and 11) had no complaints. Now that I have done this once, I will wait for a very clear day to see the Cascades better, and maybe also hike to Sawtooth Rock as well. It looked like fun to explore.

I just did this hike yesterday evening, it was the most gorgeous and rewarding hike! The directions on how to get there though were a little confusing as there was a typo in where to turn. The road is Eagle Rest..not crest! Past that, it was fairly simple. The road wasn't bad at all, I can imagine in the winter it gets pretty rutted with snow.

Super fun for the doggies. Very steep right at the top. Short and sweet hike for a beautiful view of three sisters and eastern range! Takes about an hour to get from bottom to top. You can park at the bottom of road 941 road for a little more distance.

Had to dodge some rain today but we made it to the too and were rewarded with a clear sky for a few minutes before it clouded up again. Nice, steep hike.

Did this in the summer of 2012. Short, but steep and fun. The view from the top isn't excellent, but it's far from bad. Saw my first bear on the way up.

I hit Mt. June on Summer Solstice.. just me and the dogs. Outstanding view! The trail is short, but the second half was steep! Totally worth the sore calves the next day when you reach the top. As a nice end to the day, while driving out I saw my first wild spotted owl.

Great short hike. Most of the elevation gain is in the last quarter mile .

I love this trail! I usually combine it with a hike along Sawtooth Ridge to Hardesty Mountain to the Northwest.

While backpacking in this trail system, I've noticed that there is a lot of air traffic overhead.

This is one of the best views near Eugene, and a moderately easy hike. The top makes you feel like you are queen/king of the world.