Mount Hood - Oregon Highpoint

Mount Hood - Oregon Highpoint is a 7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Hood, OR and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and rock climbing and is accessible from May until July.

rock climbing

I climbed it with 30+ mph winds - probably not the best idea :-)
And so I strongly recommend waiting for a good weather conditions to go there: calm, just below freezing temperature, no clouds, etc.
Also start early - 2 am or so, to be on the summit before 8 am (when snow starts to warm up and melt)

Love it. I want to do this a few times a year. Started at 2:30 am and was able to make it back by 8:30 for breakfast. Fun!

canoeing

Fantastic. I skied down the Joe Palmar glacier on Nordic 3 pin skis. Lost a ski on my first turn. Ended up walking, found it at the bottom tip up. Still have those skis.

geocaching

I attempted to summit Mt. Hood back in May 2012 with a group of 7 friends. As a group, the climbing experience averaged moderate, at best.

We were approximately 150-200 vertical feet from the summit and were forced to stop due to windy conditions.
I would like to make another attempt at the summit now that I'm a bit more experienced.

Ascent via South Side / Old Chute (i.e. nothing crazy). Climbing Oregon's tallest mountain = awesome! Doing it in a low snow year = tougher than expected. Definitely one of the biggest challenges I've ever had considering the overall length of the climb, the fumaroles and the currently very steep chute / gate final ascent. Took us a little over 5 hours up with a moderate alpine start and down just in time to maintain a decent snow footing. Obviously great views up top though not a place I'd want to be in anything but great conditions!

skiing

I just went skiing here, no crazy ascent to the top of the mountain, but the views are amazing nonetheless.

Totally awesome and wonderfully nerve racking. First technical climb for me and as I drive down to government camp with hood in the rear view mirror I knew I'd just done something amazing. Recommend a guide (timberline guides) if you've never climbed before.

Love this Mountain!

On a clear day this is one of the best views in Oregon.