Mount Ashland Trail

Mount Ashland Trail is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ashland, OR that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October.

A great hike with great views. Don't miss the "rabbit ears" just below the summit.

Only made it half way, due to a drop off jumping out in front of me, but is a great run.

Beautiful views!

One of my favorite hikes. Beautiful views of Shasta, plus--of course--the top of Mt Ashland. Great forests and meadows, lovely flora and fauna. Campsites within easy distance for backpackers. The trail gets a little faint/overgrown in some portions but it's still obvious where to go. The picnic shelter at Grouse Gap is a nice spot for lunch location and view-wise, but I was bummed at how full of litter and trash it was when we stopped there. Also know that horses are allowed on this trail.

Not entirely sure this is the same trail I did, but looks like it. I think I just started it from a lower trailhead. But it was almost 7 miles and on the place I started from was before the trailhead on this map. While hiking it I walked by two other starting points. It is part of the Pacific Crest Trail and it is a beautiful trail. It is late July and it still had some wildflowers and it was like 12 degrees cooler than down in Ashland. It was a moderate hike for me, I'm not used to hiking more than 3 miles so I can't compare, not an expert. But it is beautiful and not very strenuous. I think for more experienced hikers it is an easy hike. My phone has no reception so I can't add actual miles and elevation gain or any of that. But I saw all kinds of people, from ultra marathon runners to photographers strolling around, so judge for yourselves. It is definitely an amazing trail and a beautiful hike, some shaded areas and a few open meadows too. I went from 11am to like 3pm and only got hot in the meadows, but nice cool breaks when in the trees. Absolutely perfect.