EveryTrail is now a part of AllTrails! Please click here to read more.

McDowell Creek Falls Trail

McDowell Creek Falls Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lebanon, OR that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy hike along McDowell Creek with lower and upper views of Royal Terrace Falls and Majestic Falls. Visitors to the crystal clear water of McDowell Creek will be rewarded with the beautiful vistas of Royal Terrace and Majestic Falls from the bridges and viewing decks along the hiking trails of this lush green park. The McDowell Creek Falls offer exceptional scenery with places to stop and enjoy a picnic lunch. Some fishing and wading is available in the pools below the falls. The trail itself is easy, and great for families.

Good family hike. Couple waterfalls to view. Took our 4 month old and was a breeze.

Good family fun

Many trail options. Lots of wading pools for kids. Great spot!

Beautiful waterfalls and pet friendly

Great spot for a quick hike on a hot day. Lots of great shade with the well maintained trail following the creek. Nice views of two different waterfalls. Plenty of parking in three different lots. Also note, restrooms available at the trailhead.

loved it...did get confused on the trail. Enjoyed the scenery. Not to many people on the trail being that I went kind of early.

It was a lush trail filled with living sounds from the falls. The stairs were a workout but the rest was easy. Lots of places to stop and eat lunch by the water. I was glad to see a pit toilet and no charge for entrance or parking. It was a beautiful drive out there and just the right amount of people on the trail. The few small snakes almost got the best of me, so a hiking pole might serve several purposes. I will definitely go again.

I took my 3 kids here (ages 10,6,3) and we had a great time. Very beautiful place and my kids enjoyed it without any complaints. Even with it being wet and some places muddy. Only issue we had was getting lost a little on the trails and having to look up the map. There are NO SIGNS once you are on the trail to give you directions. We did figure it out tho and each trail led us in the right direction(eventually). I highly recommend this trail especially for young kids.

Gorgeously green with the peace-inducing running river and picturesque falls. Nice & easy. Fantastic!

easy trail. especially when you have kids.. nice and close to my home and a good day trail for some exercise.

This is a easy trails great for kids !'

We did this hike for the 1st time with friends! It was beautiful! Only one climb up stairs that was rough on the legs but overall a very easy hike!

Stunning! Short and easy trail.