McDowell Creek Falls Trail

McDowell Creek Falls Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lebanon, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy hike along McDowell Creek with lower and upper views of Royal Terrace Falls and Majestic Falls. Visitors to the crystal clear water of McDowell Creek will be rewarded with the beautiful vistas of Royal Terrace and Majestic Falls from the bridges and viewing decks along the hiking trails of this lush green park. The McDowell Creek Falls offer exceptional scenery with places to stop and enjoy a picnic lunch. Some fishing and wading is available in the pools below the falls. The trail itself is easy, and great for families.

Beautiful. I've taken this trail 3 times now and seen the falls in lean and ample times, they are always beautiful.

so nice. stroller friendly.

The 2 major falls were spectacular in February. However, not worth a 2 hour drive each way from SW Portland, . Also, the trail was very crowded.

We started at the lower parking lot and looped counter-clockwise to Majestic Falls and back around to Royal Terrace. Trail is in great shape and still felt "wild" in many spots-- great for kiddo's. Well-signed-- just keep following the signs if nothing else!

this is a short and beautiful hike to 3 waterfalls. but the road is so close you hear and see log trucks and cars.

My Chihuahua and I took this trail on Christmas Day. It was really nice intermediate hike,(short but there was a slippery stone staircase) I've been in the Midwest a while so, this was a great starter trail with some elevation. There are three parking areas.. I drove up and down the road looking for the third one, its off to the left and not well marked. I had thought it was another road, but I found it once we passed over it on the trail. The only thing I would be careful of, is the stone staircase up to the Terrace Falls. Its steep, and very slippery. The trail is well kept, and I can see it being a favorite hike for families in the summer.

Lovely falls. Great signage

Very nicely kept up trail, beautiful in the spring with the wild flowers. Wooden staircases to climb up the slopes, makes it easier if it's a wet day. I've gone a few times, would do it again.

Such a fun hike! Our family really enjoyed the beautiful trees, bridges and staircases. Following the creek throughout the trail was awesome. Loved it!

Awesome!

Nice views and not to many people around. Even places to play in the water.

I wouldn't recommend it for views in September if it's been a dry summer. The falls were all tiny. Good hike. Lots of paths, not marked. The road runs in the middle of the falls.

Easy hike petty view

This is a favorite quick hike for our family. Not too difficult, but beautiful year round.