Marion Lake Trail

Marion Lake Trail is a 4.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Cascadia, Oregon that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

Awesome hike! Last 0.7 miles of the access road is paved, but not a problem.

This trail was really fun and we enjoyed the waterfalls and a quick swim in the lake!

The trail to Marion Lake was really fun for our family (3 kids ages 11,8,6). The best part were the side trails though. Marion and Gooch Falls was spectacular! We found directions from the book, Bend Overall (p.156). For Marion Falls: When you reach the junction on the hike you go right at the "outlet trail" for 213 steps, there on the right you will find a trail that you will stay on for about 5 min, then another 3 min scramble to see the falls. Gooch Falls: located down the road from the trailhead about a mile - you will see a green gate (FS 850), park and walk. You walk this trail for about 10 min to see the falls. TOTALLY worth it! The scramble to both falls is a bit difficult so make sure you're up for it...but my kids did it just fine. I posted pics of both falls.

The map shows two trail portions. The first portion is part of Marion Lake Trail #3436 which goes to the junction with Lake of the Woods Trail #3493 and Minto Pass Trail #3437. Marion Outlet Trail #3495 is the loop portion which intersects with Blue Lake Trail #3422. Marion Lake is the largest lake in My. Jefferson Wilderness Area.

Trail was nice and clear all the way to the lake. Attempted to make it to blue lake but ran into significant snow at 5000 feet.

Just hiked up to the picturesque Marion Lake yesterday for my first visit. As others have mentioned below, it's a beautiful hike, starting in a diverse forest and passing through some talus on up to the lakes. Made a side trip to the falls, but didn't photograph them as the sun would've been directly on the lens. Will definitely make a trip back up for that.

The area had just re-opened after a nearby fire, so there was only one other group on the lake. A rare lack of crowds.

I hiked this trail in late September and it was absolutely gorgeous! The fall leaves were changing colors and the weather was warm and perfect. It was quiet and serene, with a nice view of Three Fingered Jack. This is an easy hike and suitable for all ages.

It did happen to be hunting season, which I was unaware of. I was warned by a couple of young hunters on the trail to be careful. I passed the word along and advised other hikers to keep their dogs on a leash.

I’ll definitely go back. This is a perfect hike to see the changing colors of fall.

What a beautiful, versatile hike! I went for a day hike and to fly fish. The trail is well-worn but has some rocky stretches that require some maneuvering. Be sure to see the lake from different sides! Three-Finger Jack can be seen from the North side. Both Ann and Marion lakes are quiet and serene. Well-worth the day trip if you're camping at Detroit or worth the weekend camp if you're coming from Salem or Bend. FYI, if you enjoy waterfalls, stop by Gooch Falls (see link). It's just past the gate on the right that's a quarter mile before the trailhead. Walk a couple hundred feet past the gate and you'll see a clearing on your right. You'll hear the falls and know where to go from there. Happy hiking!

Take note: the mosquitos are the size of small birds.

Just had to write another review - what an awesome hike this is!!! Never disappoints!! Last time I had my boys with me. This time I had them, my wife, her son, and our little girl. We drove up to Detroit Campground the day before for a two-night stay. Had a enjoyable hike, a great time cooling off and having a snack at Marion Lake while drinking in the incredible scenery. Might have to bring fishing poles next year, and like Dog Mountain Trail in the gorge may have to become an annual hike.

Great hike today. Easy gravel road to the trail head. Would recommend bringing some bug spray. Great views of the Ann Lake and Marion Lake.