Varney Creek Trail to Lake Harriette

Varney Creek Trail to Lake Harriette is a 11.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Klamath Falls, OR that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

Mod- hard trail! I felt like getting there to both lake was the hardest! Total 12 miles in and out trail! Rainy day! And snow on the trail! It was still an awesome hike!

took this train in early- mid September and only a few other hikers on the trail. we had Lake Harriette to ourselves and it was completely beautiful! Lake Como was an amazing turquoise!
the uphill all the way to Harriette is an awesome workout. will definitely do this trail again. just about 8 downed trees to climb over or go around...pretty clear.

Great hike! Little confusing to get to trail head. But basically you turn off on a dirt road from 140. Go down a mile or so before turning left at the signs. Then, turn right when you can. There's a stop sign on the right. Take that to the top where there's a trailhead sign. We just went to where the loop around the lake began and back. 8.8 miles.

One of the loveliest hikes I have done in Southern Oregon. I can't wait to do the whole Mountain Lakes Loop.

The trail was very dry and narrow so I kept my dog in front of me to avoid kicking dirt into his face. Definitely provides a full day of hiking. Extremely peaceful once you reach the beautiful mountain lake! Pack plenty of water!

Awesome hike very steep at times.. Definitley worth the breathtaking lake at the end! Bring mosquito spray! Great hike for dogs!