Knob Falls Trail

Knob Falls Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Prospect, OR that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Beautiful near Knob Falls, and with sure footing and awareness, you can get right up next to them. That does require navigating down a steep hillside (and the "fun" part--climbing back up!). The mossy rocks there and the mist made it a lovely lunch spot for us. The rest of the trail is fairly level and scenic, no real elevation gain and plenty of shade. Nice views of the river; we caught sight of some deer taking a swim.

May 5, 2013 with a temperature of 75 degrees and slightly cloudy- I started at The Natural Bridge and hiked 3.5 miles along the Rogue River to Woodruff Bridge, then back again for a total of 7 miles. The trail was easy with just a little elevation gain. A few trees had fallen across the trail, but were easy to step over. Knob Falls is about half way between the 2 points. The water moves swiftly and if you get down near the bottom, the rocks were covered with moss. Most of the moss was dry so I was able to get quite close to the edge. I do not recommend that for children or if you arent sure of your footing. I didn't use any bug spray and did not end up with any mosquito bites. My friend sprayed her legs and still got 2 bites.